Ribbon-Cutting Celebrates the Completion of the New T-Hangar at Flagler Executive Airport

DSC

A ribbon-cutting was held in celebration of the new T-Hanger located at Flagler Executive Airport. Flagler County Commissioner Andy Dance welcomed those in attendance which included County Administrator Heidi Petitio, Deputy County Administrator Jorge Salinas, Flagler County Commissioner Daniel O’Brien, Flagler County Commissioner David Sullivan, Palm Coast Flagler Regional Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Greg Blosé just to name a few.

The project included the design and construction of three buildings, each containing fourteen (14) T-Hangar units for a total of 42 units and associated taxi lanes. The total cost of this project was $6,544,136.00.  The Florida Department of Transportation provided $5,889,723 (90%) and the Airport Enterprise funded the remaining $654,413.00 (10%).

Taxiway A was also rehabilitated. The project included reconstruction of Taxiway A from its west end to the west edge of the future terminal aircraft apron, and reconstruction of Taxiway A from the east edge of the future terminal aircraft apron to Taxiway E.  Also included in the project was the rehabilitation of the Medium Intensity Taxiway Light (MITL) system and pavement markings. The total cost of this project was $3,496,125. The Federal Aviation Administration provided $3,146,513 (90%), Florida Department of Transportation provided $277,986 (8%) and the Airport Enterprise funded the remaining $71,627 (2%).

DSC

DSC

DSC

DSC

DSC

“The Flagler Executive Airport is an enterprise fund and is not supported by ad valorem taxes. The operation of the Airport including salaries, operating expenses, repairs, and major projects are funded by internally generated revenues from sales of fuel, land leases and hangar rental,” said Airport Director Roy Sieger. “These new T-Hangars will generate approximately $257,000 annually in new revenue for the airport. This will also help increase fuel sales with the addition of 42 aircraft based at the airport.

DSC

DSC

DSC

DSC

Airport Director Roy Sieger shared his thoughts on the expansion. “It’s huge for us to be able to fill these new hangers. To reiterate what Commissioner Dance said, this will provide an additional $257,400 in yearly revenue for the airport.  That’s a game changer that also allows us to do more projects down the road. The nice thing is once we’re done with these current projects, it’s a brand new airport.”

When asked if the airport had plans for future projects and further expansion, Seiger stated, “We’ve got 130 acres back there. We have more we currently are. We have more out front. There’s plenty of room to expand here.”

DSC

DSC

DSC

DSC

By Flagler County Buzz

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *