The City of Palm Coast Council will hold a workshop meeting that will discuss topics like the 2024 Fiscal Year General Fund Budget, results of the Flagler County Housing Forum, an Electric Franchise Fee review and more.
City workshops and meetings are always open to the public, and residents are always encouraged to attend and engage the council via public comment.
Below are the agenda items as provided by the City of Palm Coast.
- The Financial Services Department will present a proposed Fiscal Year 2024 General Fund Budget and TRIM rate options.
- The Community Development Department will present the results of the Flagler County Housing Forum held on April 21, 2023. The forum included staff from various municipalities (including Flagler County), and a variety of stakeholders.
- The Financial Services Department will present an ordinance to approve a Franchise Fee agreement with Florida Power & Light. The implementation of the Electric Franchise Fee is under review as a new revenue option to maintain the current roadway system for arterial and residential roads.
- The Stormwater and Engineering Department will present an update on the City Pavement Management Program’s proposed funding options.
- The Parks and Recreation Department will present a resolution to approve the amended Interlocal Agreement between the City of Palm Coast and Flagler County School District for Joint Use of Real Property and Facilities and coordination of programs and services. These amendments will better define the property and facilities and add additional properties included in this agreement.
- The Information Technology Department will present a resolution to approve a contract for the management of the Ralph Carter Park Cell Tower with Diamond Communications, LLC. This agreement would allow them to collocate on the tower with the existing carrier (T-Mobile) and allow them to market the tower to other carriers. Collocating carriers can reduce the number of towers needed in an area.
- The Information Technology Department will present a resolution to approve an amendment to the Communications Site Lease with T-Mobile at Belle Terre Park. T-Mobile is currently the only carrier on the tower, however, AT&T has expressed strong interest in locating on that tower. The amendment would allow T-Mobile to negotiate and sublease their leased property to AT&T to streamline the collocation negotiations.
- The Community Development Department will present a resolution to approve the Nuisance Abatement Initial Assessment. This resolution is intended to adopt a preliminary assessment roll on public nuisance abatement violation tax bills for the year.
Public comments will be open at the beginning and the end of the business meeting, and speakers will be given 3 minutes to state their name and speak on the issue(s) that matter to them. There are also comment cards available for residents to fill out to allow staff to follow up with speakers.